policiesplease review before renting
See Ours, Along With Our P2P Partners Listed Below..
We have Partnered with several P2P Platforms to bring you
the best possible service.
*Please Note: As of 07/01/2018 we no longer offer Direct Rentals w/ some exceptions. Please select the vehicle you would like to rent from our “FLEET” page, then click the BOOK button, to book on: TURO, HYRECARE or OUTDOORSY.
Click the button below to see Outdoorsy’s policies
Click the button below to see Turo’s policies
Click the button below to see HyreCar’s policies
SF Rents Cars
Simply scroll down the page to see all of our policies
SF Rents 101's
Renting a car can be confusing, especially if you are a first-time renter with us or don’t understand the terminology involved. The following information is intended to clarify some car rental industry terminology and provide a guide to car rental for those unfamiliar with our process. To simplify the process, we have leveraged the power of Turo, Outdoorsy and HyreCar. These (P2P) Peer-to-Peer providers are all car sharing App / Marketplace where people can rent all types cars, Trucks and even RV’s from us.
To rent one of our car you must:
- have (OR) open an account with the P2P Partner we have the vehicle listed with
- be at least 21
- hold a current, non-temporary, driver’s license
You can sign-up for a Turo account here: https://turo.com
You can sign-up for a Outdoorsy account here: https://outdoorsy.com
You can sign-up for a HyreCar account here: https://hyrecar.com
Here’s the basics:
Before your trip
- After booking Communicate with us to work out all the details of where and how to pick up the car.
- If you have any questions about the pickup process, make sure to clear it up before you set off to pick up the car, to ensure you can get off to a smooth start.
- Check the included miles for your trip. If you go over, you’ll be responsible for excess mileage fees. This can’t be changed, so make sure the limit is enough for your needs!
- Make sure you’re on time for both the start and end of your trip! Your protection is only valid between your starting and ending times, so being on time for both the beginning and end is very important — and will appreciate it, too!
Picking up the car
- Don’t forget to bring your (permanent) driver’s license. We cannot give you the car without it!
- In some cases, we may not be around to meet you in person. That should be worked out beforehand, but it’s totally normal. You can find more information about remote key exchanges on our VERIFICATION page.
- Check the car thoroughly, either with your us or on your own. We strongly recommend that you photos. You are responsible for returning the car in the same condition.
- If something doesn’t look right, please report it before you take possession of the car!
- Use the guided hand off process in the app if you’re unsure what pictures to take and how to upload them to your Trip Photos.
During your trip
- Have fun and take good care of the car! If you do have any issues during your trip, roadside assistance may be available depending on the protection plan you pick. It’s also a good idea to ask, if you have any questions about the car over the course of the trip, but you can also always contact us with any concerns or issues you may encounter.
- Be proactive about reporting any tickets or tolls.
- Be proactive about reporting any damage or accidents.
Returning the car
- Plan ahead and be on time! You must request a trip extension if you’re going to be late (even if it’s because of bad traffic). You may receive a late fee if you don’t properly extend the trip.
- Leave time to replace whatever gas you used and tidy up the car if necessary.
- Check the car thoroughly. Make sure there isn’t any damage that you didn’t notice during the trip. Take pictures. If you don’t take pictures, you may be held liable for damage.
After the trip
- Hopefully everything went well, you had a smooth trip, and there were no issues during pickup or drop-off.
- You may be asked for reimbursement for an incidental cost from the trip.
- In the event of damage, a representative from the Claims department will reach out to you.
- If you dispute a reimbursement request or a damage claim, we will ask you to provide any supporting documentation (including photos). We then will review information submitted before determining whether or not to uphold the reimbursement request.
✓YOU must have a VALID DRIVER LICENSE! To rent our car, for the duration of your trip.
✓You will need a mobile phone with data and or wifi, to send and receive communications. For contactless check-in & check-out. (For our International customers please plan accordingly).
✓Sorry there is no SMOKING or PETS allowed in our vehicle. Violations can result in a $250 fine.
✓Please be sure to bring the vehicle back at the same fuel level, clean, and in the same condition you received it, or opt in for the post-trip cleaning and or fueling for your convenience.
✓We reserve the right, to refuse to rent our vehicle to anyone who dose not meet our Partners (or) Our guidelines listed on each prospective website.
✓If your are 25 or under for you safety, we require that you select a Guest Protection Plan during checkout. Your booking will be cancelled as a result of not adding a plan.
✓Tolls, Tickets or any other charges… Such as Cleaning, Parking, Refueling, Extra Miles etc., may/will be charged to you after your booking ends. Plus a $10 convenience fee may apply for certain items.
✓Our cars are GPS Tracked and radius specific, please see classifications below. As a result of driving beyond our designated areas, this may/will result in a fine.
✓Car Classifications: *ECONOMY- These cars are mint for A-To-B travel, Central Florida only 50 mile radius of Orlando. *STANDARD- Suitable for longer trips, 200 mile radius of Orlando. *PLUS- Highway ready, can be driven anywhere in Florida.
✓ Fees for leaving your cars radius specific area are as follows: $150 Fee Per Day +.15 per mile
✓You can rent a Toll Transponder from us for just $2 per day. Select (Phone Mount) in our Extras section! When you rent a Phone mount, the transponder is included as a package! Having the Toll Transponder allows you to use most if not all the toll roads in Florida without stopping. At a discounted rate, generally 5-25% OFF the posted toll price. *If you use the toll roads without adding the Transponder from us, and run the toll. You will be billed the toll rate plus a $2.00 convenience fee, per toll that was ran.
Pick-Up & Delivery
✓We offer 3 convenient ways to pick up your rental. 1. Pick Up at our location FREE. 2. Drop Off at your location FEES APPLY. 3. AirPort Pick Up: (MCO) Orlando International Airport Or (SFB) Sanford International Airport FEES APPLY. You will need to return the car to the same location, unless otherwise approved.
::::::::::1. PICK UP AT OUR LOCATION::::::::::
To pick up at our location, simply follow the Apps Contactless Check-In & Checkout guidelines. Then receive the code to the cars lock box, parked at our pick up location.
::::::::::2. DROP OFF TO YOU::::::::::
For those who want the car delivered to them. We will set up a time and drop off the car to you. Contactless Check-In & Checkout, in some cases may still apply.
::::::::::3. AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP-OFF::::::::::
Walk from Baggage To-Your-Car.. For AirPort Puck-Up, we’ll drop off your car 1-2 hours before your flight is due to arrive. Either in the airports parking lot (Or) garage, then send the location & any instructions via message. Drop-Off your car at the airport and we will pick it up from there. (Guest pays all parking fees associated with this service.
1. Definitions. “Agreement” means the Terms and Conditions in these Terms and Conditions and the provisions found on Any Contract and or Electronic conformation or App Rental, here after know as “Face Page” provided/agreed to you on the day of your rental. “You” or “your” means the person identified as the renter in this Agreement, any person signing this Agreement, any Authorized Driver, or any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us at its or the renter’s direction. All persons referred to as “you” or “your” are jointly and severally bound by this Agreement. “We”, “our”, “SF Rents Cars” or “us” means SF Rents, LLC. “Additional Driver” means a person we list on the Face Page of this Agreement. “Authorized Driver” means the renter, any Additional Driver, or any other individual but only where required by applicable state law. An “Unauthorized Driver” means anyone who is not the renter, any Additional Driver, nor any other individual as required by applicable state law. For rentals with pick-up locations in California, Illinois, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, New York, and Utah, “Authorized Driver” includes your spouse. For rentals with pick-up locations in California, Illinois, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah, “Authorized Driver” includes your employer, and co-workers (who are not your employees) who are engaged in business activity with you. For rentals with pick-up locations in Illinois and Texas, “Authorized Driver” also includes employees who are engaged in business activity with you. For renters with pick-up locations in Illinois, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Utah, “Authorized Driver” also includes any person who drives the Vehicle to a medical or police facility under circumstances reasonably believed to constitute an emergency. For renters with pick-up locations in Utah, “Authorized Driver” also includes any person who operates the Vehicle while parking it at a commercial establishment. Each Authorized Driver must have a valid driver’s license for the duration of the rental period or their reservation period, whichever period is longer, and, at most locations, be at least age 21. For renters with pick-up locations in New York, the renter and renter’s spouse must be at least 18 years old. Authorized Drivers are the only persons permitted to drive the Vehicle. To the extent permitted by law, we may charge an additional fee for each Authorized Driver (other than the renter). “Vehicle” means the motor vehicle identified in this Agreement and any vehicle we substitute for it, and all its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys and Vehicle documents, but “Vehicle” does not include portable navigation devices or other optional equipment (“Optional Equipment”) that you rent from us. “LDW” means Loss Damage Waiver. “PDW” means Partial Loss Damage Waiver, and is not offered in the states of California, Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, and Virginia. “Loss of Use” means the loss of our ability to use the Vehicle for any purpose (including, but not limited to non-rental uses such as general display of the Vehicle, display of the Vehicle for sale, non-revenue transportation by employees) due to damage to or loss of the Vehicle during your rental. “Diminished Value” means the difference between the value of the Vehicle immediately prior to damage or loss, and the value of the Vehicle after repair or replacement. “Vehicle License Fee” means our estimate of the average per day per vehicle portion of charges imposed by governmental authorities on us, including our total annual vehicle licensing, titling, plating, inspection, and registration costs, or to recover other similar charges as permitted by applicable law. We do not charge Vehicle License Fees in New Jersey or New York. For Virginia, the “Vehicle License Fee” means our estimated average per day per vehicle portion of our total annual vehicle licensing, titling, and registration costs.
2. Rental, Indemnity, and No Warranties. This is a contract for rental of the Vehicle. The price you are provided on your Face Page is only for the specific rental period on the Face Page. If you return your Vehicle early or late your price is subject to change. To the extent permitted by law, we may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you, if you breach this Agreement or if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Agreement.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we incur resulting from or arising out of this rental and your use of the Vehicle; and (b) We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Vehicle, no warranty of merchantability, and no warranty that the Vehicle is fit for a particular purpose. You agree not to alter the Vehicle or any Optional Equipment. If you or an Authorized Driver determine the Vehicle or any Optional Equipment is unsafe, you or the Authorized Driver shall stop operating the vehicle or Optional Equipment and notify us immediately. This Paragraph 2 applies to the fullest extent permitted by New Jersey law and does not relieve us of responsibility or liability imposed by New Jersey law, including the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act or from any implied warranty of fitness under New Jersey law.
4. Condition and Return of Vehicle. You must return the Vehicle to our rental office or other location we identify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, and in the same condition that you received it, except for ordinary wear. If the Vehicle is returned to any other office or location or left somewhere other than the office or location identified by us, you remain responsible for the safety of and damage to or loss of the Vehicle until we inspect it. In addition, you authorize us to charge your credit or debit card a one-way charge or service fee plus any additional costs incurred by us in the return of the Vehicle. If the Vehicle is returned after closing hours, you remain responsible for the safety of and damage to or loss of the Vehicle until we inspect it upon our next opening for business. Service to the Vehicle or replacement of parts or accessories during the rental must have our prior written approval. You must check and maintain all fluid levels, check that the Vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, lock the Vehicle at all times when you are not operating it, and return the Vehicle with at least the same amount of fuel as when rented, unless we offer and you purchase a pre-paid fuel service. No refund or credit shall be issued if you return the Vehicle with a greater amount of fuel than when you received it. FOR RENTALS WITH PICK-UP LOCATIONS IN FLORIDA— Failure to return rented property or equipment upon expiration of the rental period and failure to pay all amounts due (including costs for damage to the property or equipment) are evidence of abandonment or refusal to redeliver the property, punishable in accordance with section 812.155, Florida statutes.
5. Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to Police; Responsibility for Fees; Responsibility for Optional Equipment. You are responsible for all damage to, and for loss or theft of, the Vehicle including damage caused by collision, weather, road conditions and acts of nature, even if you are not at fault. It is your responsibility to inspect the Vehicle for damage before leaving our facility. You are responsible for the cost of repair, or the actual cash retail value of the Vehicle on the date of the loss if the Vehicle is not repairable or if we elect not to repair the Vehicle. You are also responsible for Loss of Use (without regard to fleet utilization), Diminished Value, and our administrative expenses incurred processing a claim. You must report all accidents and incidents of theft and vandalism to us and the police as soon as you discover them. You are responsible for paying the charging authorities directly all parking citations, toll fees, fines for toll evasion, and other fees, fines and penalties assessed against you, us, or the Vehicle during this rental. If you fail to pay any of these charges and we pay any part of them, you will reimburse us for all such charges and, in addition, pay us an administrative fee of up to $50 for each such charge. For rentals with pick-up locations in the state of California, we will be responsible for any fines assessed against you, us, or the Vehicle that are based solely on the Vehicle’s lack of toll transponder.
a. Tolls. You agree that if you do not purchase one of the toll products offered by SF Rents Cars that you will use “Cash” lanes only on toll roads during your rental. Failure to pay the toll at a Cash lane or driving the Vehicle through an automated express lane will result in additional fees. If you use an automated express/toll lane you will pay us our administrative fee of $2 plus the applicable toll fee for each time you use an automated express/toll lane during your rental. This fee will be charged to your credit card account after the close of your rental transaction. Your responsibility for damage to or loss of the Vehicle is limited by law in the following jurisdictions:
b. Optional Equipment. Upon request and subject to availability, we offer certain Optional Equipment, including but not limited to, Child Seats and Global Positioning Devices, for your use during the rental at an additional charge. All Optional Equipment is rented AS IS and must be returned to us at the end of the rental in the same condition as when rented. Optional Equipment is not part of the car. You are responsible for any loss or damage to any Optional Equipment regardless of the cause, even if you have accepted LDW or PDW. You should review the operational instructions for all Optional Equipment before leaving the rental location. If you rent a Child Seat from us, you have the sole responsibility to inspect and properly install the seat yourself. We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Child Seat or any other Optional Equipment, no warranty of merchantability, and no warranty that the Child Seat or any other Optional Equipment is fit for a particular purpose. You are responsible for all injury or damage arising out of, or related to your use of the Child Seat, or any other Optional Equipment. If you choose to rent a Global Positioning Device (“GPS”) from us, you are responsible for returning it in the same condition as when rented with all accessories provided, including the carrying case, the car charger, the windshield mount, and, in states where provided, the console beanbag mount (“GPS Accessories”). If the GPS or GPS Accessories are lost or damaged so as to, in our sole opinion, require repair or replacement, you will pay us the fair market value for its repair or replacement.
6. Loss Damage Waiver; Prohibited Use of the Vehicle; Roadside Assistance. LDW and PDW are not insurance, are optional, and may duplicate other coverage that you have. If you purchase LDW or PDW, we waive your responsibility for the portion of damage to or loss of the Vehicle that is stated on the Face Page. PDW is not available if you pick-up your rental in the states of California, Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, or Virginia. We will not waive your responsibility, even though you purchased LDW or PDW, if you gave us false, fraudulent or misleading information prior to the rental or during the rental, and we would not have rented the Vehicle to you or extended the rental period, if we were given true information; or if you fail to notify us and the police of an accident, theft or vandalism involving the Vehicle, or if damage to or loss of the Vehicle is the result of a prohibited use, including damage or loss that: (a) is caused by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver; (b) is caused by anyone under the influence of a drug or alcohol; (c) occurs while the Vehicle is used during the commission of a felony or other crime, other than a minor traffic violation; (d) occurs while carrying persons or property for hire, while pushing or towing anything, during any race, speed test or contest, or while teaching anyone to drive; (e) results from carrying dangerous, hazardous, or illegal material; (f) results from use of the Vehicle outside the geographic area specified on the Face Page, or from use in Mexico; (g) is caused by driving on unpaved roads; (h) occurs while transporting more persons than the Vehicle has seat belts, while carrying persons outside the passenger compartment, or while transporting children without approved child safety seats as required by law; (i) occurs when the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected; (j) occurs when the Vehicle’s fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the Vehicle; (k) is caused by carrying anything on the roof, trunk or hood of the Vehicle, or by inadequately secured cargo inside the Vehicle, or by an animal transported in the Vehicle; (l) occurs when the Vehicle is unlocked, or the keys or key fob are lost, stolen or left in the Vehicle when not operating it; (m) is caused, where applicable, by anyone who lacks experience operating a manual transmission; (n) results from failure to allow sufficient height or width clearance; (o) results from your willful, wanton or reckless act or misconduct; (p) results from fueling with a type of fuel improper for the specific Vehicle; or (q) results from driving or operating the Vehicle while using a hand-held wireless communication device or other device that is capable of receiving or transmitting telephonic communications, electronic data, mail or text messages while not in a hands-free mode. In the event of a loss due to theft of the Vehicle, we will not waive your responsibility for the loss unless you return to us all the Vehicle keys or ignition devices we gave you at the time of rental.
a. Lost or Damaged Keys or Key Fobs. Even if you purchase LDW or PDW and do not violate the terms detailed in paragraph 6 above, you will be responsible for the following: a) a service fee for replacing the keys or key fob and delivering replacement keys or key fobs or towing the Vehicle to the nearest SF Rents Cars location if you lose the keys or key fob to the Vehicle; and b) a service fee for delivering replacement keys or key fob or towing the Vehicle to the nearest SF Rents Cars location if you lock the keys or key fob in the Vehicle and request assistance from SF Rents Cars, flat tire service, and jumpstarts.
b. Roadside Assistance Protection. Roadside assistance is available to all renters. In some cases, we may offer additional Roadside Assistance Protection. If you purchase the optional Roadside Assistance Protection, we will provide you with 24/7 breakdown assistance (where available) without additional charge. Roadside Assistance Protection includes replacement of lost keys or key fobs, flat tire service, jumpstart, and key lockout services. Cost of a replacement tire is not covered by Roadside Assistance Protection. If you do not purchase Roadside Assistance Protection, you may incur additional costs if we provide the services described above. When deciding whether to purchase Roadside Assistance Protection, you may wish to check whether you have other coverage for the services. Roadside Assistance Protection is not insurance and is optional. Roadside Assistance Protection is void if you are in breach of this agreement, including the prohibited uses in Paragraph 6.
7. Prohibited Uses. Where permitted by law, the following, in addition to the prohibitions listed above in the Loss Damage Waiver section, unless granted permission by SF Rents Cars, shall be considered prohibited uses of the Vehicle (“Prohibited Uses”):
- By anyone without first obtaining SF Rents Cars written consent;
- By anyone who is not a qualified and licensed driver;
- To carry persons or property for hire, livery, On-Demand service, or Transportation Network
- Company (Uber, Lyft, etc.);
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object;
- In any race, test or contest;
- For any illegal purpose or in the commission of a crime;
- To instruct an unlicensed person in operation of vehicle;
- If the vehicle is obtained from SF Rents Cars by fraud or misrepresentation;
- To carry persons other than in the passenger compartment of the Vehicle;
- Loading the vehicle beyond its rated capacity;
- While under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants such as drugs or narcotics or under any
- other physical or mental impairment which adversely affects the driver’s ability to operate the Vehicle;
- Intentionally causing damage to or loss of the Vehicle;
- On other than a paved road or graded private road or driveway;
- In an unsafe, reckless, grossly negligent, or wanton manner. Violating a traffic law or receiving a ticket in an accident is not automatically a violation of this provision, but may be an indication that
- a violation of this provision has occurred;
- Younger than the minimum age set forth in this agreement; and
- Driving the Vehicle outside of the Geographic area provided in the Rental Information on
- SFRentsCars.com and on your Face Page.
- Prohibited use of the Vehicle violates this agreement, voids all liability and other insurance coverage (where permitted by law), makes Vehicle subject to immediate recovery by SIXT, and makes you responsible for all loss of or damage to or connected with the Vehicle, regardless of the cause, including but not limited to SF Rents Cars expenses, including loss of use. 8. GPS Specific. Our cars are GPS Tracked and radius specific, please see classifications below. As a result of driving beyond our designated areas, this may/will result in a fine. Car Classifications: *ECONOMY– These cars are mint for A-To-B travel, Central Florida only 50 mile radius of Orlando. *STANDARD– Suitable for longer trips, 200 mile radius of Orlando. *PLUS– Highway ready, can be driven anywhere in Florida. Fees for leaving your cars radius specific area are as follows: $150 Fee Per Day +.15 per mile 9. Insurance. Unless you have purchased Supplemental Liability Insurance or Business Travel Protection from us, YOU AGREE TO MAINTAIN AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE during the term of this rental agreement, providing the owner, the renter, and any other person using or operating the rental vehicle with the following primary coverage:
a) Bodily injury (“BI”) and property damage (“PD”) liability coverage;
b) Personal injury protection (“PIP”), no-fault, or similar coverage where required;
c) Uninsured/underinsured (“UM”/”UIM”) coverage where required, and
d) Comprehensive and collision damage coverage extending to the rental vehicle. Customer’s insurance will provide atleast the minimum limits of coverage required by the financial responsibility (“FR”) laws of the state where the loss occurs. Because the customer is providing automobile insurance, we are not. In states where the law requires us to provide insurance, we will provide excess insurance only, up to the minimum limits required by the FR laws of the state where the loss occurs. The customer’s insurance will be primary. Any insurance we are required to provide applies to claims of BI and PD only. Our policy contains exclusions, conditions, and limitations applicable to anyone claiming coverage. Customer agrees to cooperate with our insurer if any claim is made. Our insurance applies only in the United States and Canada. Customer must obtain written permission and purchase special liability insurance to use or operate the rental vehicle in Mexico. Where permitted by law, You reject UM, UIM, supplemental, PIP, and no-fault coverages. Where we are required to provide any such coverage, You are afforded the minimum limits required by law. Any breach of this rental agreement will void any insurance coverage. You understand that you are not an additional insured under SF Rents Cars insurance for collision, upset and comprehensive damage to the Vehicle. FOR RENTALS WITH PICK-UP LOCATIONS IN FLORIDA— The valid and collectible liability insurance and personal injury protection insurance of any authorized rental or leasing driver is primary for the limits of liability and personal injury protection coverage required by §§ 324.021(7) and 627.736, Florida Statutes.
10. Charges and Costs. You will pay us at or before the conclusion of this rental, or on demand, all charges due us under this Agreement, including the charges and fees shown on the Face Page and: (a) a mileage charge based on our experience if the odometer is tampered with; (b) any taxes, surcharges or other government-imposed fees that apply to the transaction; (c) all expenses we incur locating and recovering the Vehicle if you fail to return it, return it to a location or office other than the location or office identified by us, or if we elect to repossess the Vehicle under the terms of this Agreement; (d) all costs including pre- and post-judgment attorney fees we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing or defending our rights under this Agreement; (g) a reasonable fee not to exceed $300 to clean the Vehicle if returned substantially less clean than when rented or if there is evidence of smoking or vaping in our Vehicle; and, (h) towing, impound, storage charges, forfeitures, court costs, penalties and all other costs we incur resulting from your use of the Vehicle during this rental. Special rental rates, vehicle category upgrades or any equipment or services provided to you free of charge only apply to the initially agreed upon rental period: If you return the Vehicle after the Due-In Date, you may be charged the standard rates for each day (or partial day) after the Due-In Date, which may be substantially higher than the rates for the initially agreed rental period. You also may be charged the standard fees for each day (or partial day) after the Due-In date for any equipment or services provided to you without charge for the initially agreed upon rental period. You will not receive a refund of prepaid amounts if you return the Vehicle before the Due-In Date. All Charges are subject to a final audit. If errors are found, you authorize us to correct the Charges with your payment card issuer.
If a reservation is for a period in excess of twenty-eight (28) consecutive days, such reservation shall be governed by the following. Such reservation shall consist of consecutive rentals for individual terms of no more than twenty-eight (28) days each (“Rental Period”), but consecutively lasting for a period of time equal to the reservation period (“LT Reservation Period”). Each Rental Period is a separate rental, distinct from any other Rental Period during the LT Reservation Period. Subsequent rental agreements will be sent to You via email. You must review, electronically sign, and provide the Vehicle’s current mileage for each subsequent rental agreement. You acknowledge that a separate authorization equal to the rental agreement’s gross total plus the security deposit will be processed for every rental agreement in the LT Reservation Period. Further, if the authorization fails, You will be required to provide a different payment method. A SF Rents Cars representative will contact You via phone call and email for three consecutive days, or until You are reached, or You contact us back. The first two days, You will be informed about the failed authorization. On the third day of no response, You will be informed the vehicle must be returned at a SF Rents Cars location within 8 hours. Otherwise, the Vehicle will be considered overdue and the overdue process will commence. Each rental during the LT Reservation Period will be charged the same time and mileage rate as set forth in the reservation for the initial Rental Period. You acknowledge that at any time You agree to a revised agreement, such revised agreement will govern each remaining Rental Period.
a. Change of Return Location: You agree if you return your Vehicle to a permissible location other than the return address listed on your Face Page, without previously informing us of your intentions to do so, you will be charged a change of location fee of $30.00, in addition to any applicable one-way charges.
b. Early Return Fee: You agree if you return your Vehicle earlier than the Due In time listed at the top of your Face Page, and it causes the amount of rental days listed on this Face Page to be reduced by one rental day or more, you may be charged an early return fee of $10.00, in addition to any applicable changes to the daily Rental Day charges.
c. Late Return Fee: You agree if you return your Vehicle two hours or more later than the Due In time listed at the top of this Face Page, you may be charged a late return fee of $10.00, in addition to any applicable changes to the daily Rental Day charges and the amount of days charged, if your late return leads to you being in possession of the vehicle for an additional rental day(s).
If you do not contact us to extend your rental, nothing herein gives you permission to retain possession of your rental vehicle beyond the date and time stated on your Rental Agreement. If you retain possession of the vehicle without contacting us, we will follow our standard overdue process.
11. Deposit. You permit us to reserve against your credit or debit card at the beginning of the rental an amount up to three times the estimated total charges as a deposit, in no event less than $200, or the amount listed on the Face Page. For Vehicles in the executive or luxury categories you authorize us to reserve up to $5,000 against your credit card. We may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed to us under this Agreement. The deposit amount does not limit in any way the total amount owed to use under this Agreement. We will authorize the release of any excess Reserve upon the completion of your rental. Your debit/credit card issuer’s rules will apply to your account being credited for the excess, which may not be immediately available.
12. Your Property. You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of or damage to your personal property, including digital data or information from any mobile device that you link to any telematics device or system in the Vehicle, or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in any service vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility. The Vehicle may be equipped with an infotainment system that permits you to pair your own mobile devices, and which may download your personal contacts, communications, location or other digital data. If you pair your device during the rental, you should unpair it and wipe all personal information from the Vehicle’s systems before returning it.
13. Breach of Agreement. The acts listed in Paragraph 6 and 7 are prohibited uses of the Vehicle and breaches of this Agreement. You will breach this agreement if you allow any person other than the Renter or an Authorized Driver to operate the Vehicle. If an Unauthorized Driver damages the Vehicle or injures others, we will hold you responsible for the damage. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions taken against you by law enforcement arising out of your breach of this Agreement.
14. Modifications. No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing signed by one of our expressly authorized representatives. SF Rents Cars representatives are not authorized to waive or change any term of this Agreement. If you wish to extend the rental period, you must return the Vehicle to our rental office for inspection and written amendment from us by the Due-In Date. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. All prior representations and agreements between you and us regarding this rental are void.
15. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be unlawful, contrary to public policy, void or unenforceable, all remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. This provision does not apply in Florida. To the extent that Florida law is applicable to this Agreement, this Agreement will be construed in accordance with Florida law.
16.Waiver. A waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal or neglect to exercise any of our rights under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement. To the extent permitted by law, you release us from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a Vehicle.
The limitation regarding recovery of consequential, special, or punitive damages is not applicable to claims in Florida based upon personal injuries that result from the negligent, reckless, or intentional acts of SF Rents Cars, do not release us from any implied warranty of fitness applicable under Florida law, and do not apply to violations of the Florida Consumer Fraud Act.
17. Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver. You and SF Rents Cars each waive their right to a jury trial or to participate in a class action pursuant to the following terms. You and SF Rents Cars agree to arbitrate any and all claims, controversies or disputes of any kind (“claims”) against each other, including but not limited to claims arising out of or relating to this agreement, or our products and services, charges, advertisings, or rental vehicles including without limitation claims based on contract, tort (including intentional torts), fraud, agency, negligence, statutory or regulatory provisions or any other source of law. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have authority to resolve any and all disputes relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this agreement, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this agreement is void or voidable. You and SF Rents Cars agree that no claims will be asserted in any representative capacity on a class-wide or collective basis, that no arbitration forum will have jurisdiction to decide any claims on a class-wide or collective basis, and that no rules for class-wide or collective arbitration will apply.
The parties agree, however, that either party may bring an individual action in a small claims court with valid jurisdiction provided that the action is not made part of a class action, private attorney general action or other representative or collective action. The parties also agree that claims involving a third party insurance company separately providing coverage to you, personal injury claims, or claims relating to the application of your financial responsibility relating to the use or operation of Vehicle, may be brought in a court with valid jurisdiction.
18. Dispute Resolution Procedure. Before asserting a claim in any proceeding, you and SF Rents Cars agree that either party shall give the other party written notice of the claim to be asserted thirty (30) days before initiating a proceeding and make a reasonable good faith effort to resolve the claim. If you are intending to assert a claim against SF Rents Cars, you must send the written notice of the claim to Attention:
SF Rents LLC., 924 N. Magnolia Av. Suite #202, Orlando, FL 32803. If SF Rents Cars is intending to assert a claim against you, we will send the written notice of the claim to you at your address appearing in our records. No demand for arbitration may be made after the date when the institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such claim or dispute would be barred by the applicable statute of limitation.
No settlement demand or settlement offer used prior to any legal proceeding may be used in any proceeding including as evidence or as an admission of any liability or damages (or lack thereof) and shall remain confidential between you and SF Rents Cars.
If you and SF Rents Cars do not resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after the above described notice is received, either party may commence an arbitration by filing a demand for arbitration with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules. Claims will be resolved pursuant to the AAA’s Commercial Consumer Arbitration Rules in effect at the time of the demand, as modified by this Agreement, however, a single arbitrator will be selected according to AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules. The AAA rules can be found at www.adr.org.
This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitrator has no authority to join or consolidate claims, or adjudicate joined and consolidated claims. The parties agree that the arbitrator’s decision and award will be final and binding and may be confirmed or challenged in any court with jurisdiction as permitted under the Federal Arbitration Act.
If you are an individual, in the event that (1) your claim is less than $10,000, and (2) you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, SF Rents Cars will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation. You are responsible for all other costs/fees that you incur in arbitration (e.g. fees for attorneys, expert witnesses, etc.).
If any portion of this “Dispute Resolution Procedure” section or the “Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver” section are deemed to be invalid or unenforceable or is found not to apply to a claim, the remainder of this “Dispute Resolution Procedure” section and the “Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver” section remain in full force and effect. However, if the “Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver” section is deemed unenforceable, any class action claim(s) must proceed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
19. Personal Information. The information that you provide to us is stored and used to the fullest extent permitted by law. You agree that we may, and authorize us to, provide personal information in our possession about you and other Authorized Drivers (including driver’s name, address, cellular/mobile and other phone numbers, driver’s license and/or credit/debit card information) to applicable authorities or other third parties in connection with our enforcement of our rights under this Agreement and for other legitimate business purposes, including disclosure to our affiliates or other third parties that conduct services on our behalf. You also consent to us or our representatives contacting you. Questions regarding privacy should be directed to:
Personal Data c/o SF Rents LLC., 924 N. Magnolia Av. Suite #202, Orlando, FL 32803
SFRENTCARS.COM PRIVACY NOTICE LAST UPDATED DATE: November 7, 2022
BY USING ANY OF OUR WEBSITES, APPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE WILL COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, you can always contact us.
1. THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE COLLECT THEM
We collect information from you, directly and through third parties, in accordance with this Privacy Notice any time you contact us, interact with us in person, through our services or on third-party platforms, or use our websites, Apps, products or services. If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Some of the information we collect can personally identify you, including, for example, your name and contact information, birthdate, government identification, payment information, membership ID, program ID, whether you are a part of a corporate or rewards program, payment arrangements, insurance arrangements, and information related to your rentals or use of products or services we provide or enable. For example, when you make a reservation, or join one of our programs, we may collect your personal information such as: your name and contact information; birthdate; driver license and other appropriate government identification; payment information, including credit or debit card information (we collect security codes when you make a payment, but we do not keep them); information to process your discounts, such as coupons, discount codes, and membership numbers or codes; and other information that may be necessary to rent you a vehicle, provide you with services, contact you about these services or verify your identity. If you participate in an insurance program through us or are involved in an accident or property damage, we may collect additional information about your insurance provider and/or coverage.
- We may record or monitor any call you make to us for quality control, to enforce our rights, or for training or similar purposes. We may collect photos and videos in some instances, such as when you choose to share them with us in connection with one of our optional membership services or on social media or when we receive a notice of a traffic violation that includes a picture or video. Our rental locations may also be equipped with cameras and/or video security surveillance systems.
- We also collect personal information about you from third parties, including information from third party travel booking channels; service providers; licensees; airlines, hotels, membership clubs, payment card companies, advertisers and other partners; from your employer; from your social media services consistent with your information sharing settings on such services; and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
- We may collect information about relevant health conditions when necessary to provide adaptive driving devices.
Connected Car Data
- Some of our rental vehicles are connected cars. A connected car is a vehicle equipped with features, telematics systems, on-board devices, or built-in services and technologies that are capable of collecting data about the vehicle and its use, including, for example, the vehicle’s condition, damage and accident events and records, performance, operation and diagnostic data, information on location, mileage, acceleration, braking, speed, fuel consumption, fuel level, tire pressure, odometer, location and direction, and other vehicle-related information (collectively, “Connected Car Data” or “Vehicle Data”). Typically, this information is associated with the vehicle only and maintained as non-personal information, as described in the Non-Personal Information section below. If we link this information to you, we will treat it as personal information.
- Use of features and built-in services and technologies in connected cars are subject to the terms and conditions posted by the vehicle manufacturer and/or the technology provider, which may include system and service limitations, warranty exclusions, limitations of liability, wireless service provider terms, and user responsibilities. Some or all of these features are turned on at all times, even when other services or other media in the vehicle are turned off. If you are unsure whether your rental vehicle is a connected car, please speak to a member of our team at the rental location or contact the Rental Station Manager. We cannot guarantee that a vehicle without connected car features will be available at your time of rental.
- Depending on the technology used in your rental vehicle, vehicle manufacturers and built-in services such as ‘Apple CarPlay’ or ‘OnStar’ may also collect Connected Car Data or other personal information from the vehicle pursuant to their privacy policies. For more information about this third party information collection, please refer to the Third Party Collection section below.
- We may collect information about your location from our websites, your mobile devices, and your visits to our locations. You may opt out of our collection of information about your location from mobile devices at any time by turning off transmission of geolocation data and push notifications on your mobile device.
- We may also at times connect certain location-related Connected Car Data to you.
- We may also collect or transform information so that it is maintained in a form that is not linked to a particular individual, such as vehicle information that is not connected to a passenger or other aggregated, de-identified or anonymized information (“non-personal information”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to non-personal information, which we collect, use and disclose for a variety of purposes. However, any non-personal information that is linked to or combined with personal information will be treated as personal information subject to this Privacy Notice.
- QuickPass Biometric Identity Verification: We our one of our P2P partners may offer customers contactless rental experiences through self check-in or Pick Up service. To use these service, we may ask customers at enrollment to scan a copy of their driver’s license and take a selfie image of their face (the “Enrollment Selfie”) using our mobile application. We may transmit these images to a trusted third-party service provider that uses a combination of machine learning tools and statistical algorithms to confirm the authenticity of the driver’s license and perform a biometric facial comparison to determine whether the faces contained in the driver’s license and Enrollment Selfie belong to the same person. Through this process, our trusted third-party service provider generates a “Confidence Score” representing the confidence level that the images of the individuals match, which we use in determining our level of confidence that the individual submitting the Selfie is the same person as the individual on the driver’s license. We do not receive any facial biometric information generated from the images, and our third-party service provider is contractually limited to processing this information on our behalf and is required to destroy the images and any biometric information promptly after processing in accordance with a data retention schedule. We do not use, disclose or retain facial biometric information for any other commercial purposes.
- Mobile Application Authentication: Some of our P2P partners require you to log in to access your account or interact with your connected car. We may provide you the ability to log in or authenticate yourself using facial, fingerprint or other biometric recognition technology available through your mobile device. If you choose to utilize these login features, information about your facial geometry, your fingerprint or other biometric information will be collected by your mobile device for authentication purposes. We do not store or have access to this biometric information. Instead, your mobile device will perform the biometric authentication process and only let us know whether the authentication was successful. If the authentication was successful, you may be able to access the applicable mobile application or feature without separately providing your credentials.
2. HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with our websites, Apps, products and services;
- provide you with additional services or functionalities (for example, to facilitate contactless rentals, to provide remote lock/unlock, to remote disable engine/cancel ignition, and to automatically receive the vehicle location, odometer, fuel level and other information in connection with your rental);
- administer your rental, manage your rental records and to calculate your fees (for example, to automatically record the start of your rental, any exchange or upgrades, and the fuel or mileage usage and charges);
- communicate information regarding your reservation or rental. These communications are transactional or service related and will be sent via email, text, push notification or phone calls;
- diagnose problems, analyze trends, and assess our performances;
- provide roadside assistance;
- provide you with discounts;
- improve our operations and services;
- better understand our customers’ preferences;
- better understand how our vehicles are being used;
- tailor our services, promotions and offers to our customers;
- research and develop new products and services;
- maintain our fleet;
- recover lost, stolen or towed rental vehicles;
- interact with you in person, through our services or on third-party platforms (such as social media sites);
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing or offers from us and our partners, and to inform our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- run our contests, sweepstakes or promotions;
- enable third-party vehicle applications and services;
- improve road safety and reduce traffic;
- respond to legally binding requests from law enforcement, regulatory authorities or other third parties;
- ensure the security of our or another’s premises, property or other assets;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service;
- prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency; and
- comply with applicable law.
You can set your browser or device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features or services may not function properly without cookies. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal. As the internet and other e-commerce channels continue to develop, we may deploy and utilize different types of technologies to collect data regarding your visit or usage.
We use information about your location (including, at times, by linking personal information with location information of the rental vehicle you are using) primarily to locate our nearest rental location, send you location-based notifications (i.e., nearby special offers), arrival and return notifications, vehicle location, and upgrade availabilities. We also use information about your location for the same purposes we use your personal information, including to provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing or offers from us and our partners.
We or our P2P partners may retain your information for as long as you have an account with us, as needed to provide you our services, or as otherwise necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was originally collected and any other legitimate business purpose, including, for legal, archival, accounting, and/or audit purposes. If you close your account or request we provide you our services, we may retain your information because we have a legal, auditing or account obligations or it is in our archive system and cannot be separated from other information.
Your Opt-Out Choices
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing e-mails: Click the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an e-mail we sent you, or log into your account and update your profile, or contact any customer service representative.
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing text messages: For us, text the word “STOP”.
- You can stop sharing the location information of your mobile device through the applicable App by turning off location services or by uninstalling the App. If you would like to uninstall the app: Use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the application marketplace or network from which you downloaded the app.
3. HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
To facilitate the uses of personal information identified in this Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information with a variety of third parties, including our service partners and business partners.
We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and partners to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, such as managing our social media pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, or to comply with your directions or any additional consent you have provided us.
In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties who use this information to provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you. These parties may use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms.
We and our P2P partners may send you information about products and services you may like.
We may share website usage information, including searches, transaction and profile information (but not your name) with our partners for the purpose of making the online advertisements on our websites and other websites that display our advertisements more relevant.
We may also let you share some of our online content on social media websites through hosted sharing links and icons. We do not track or store a record of each time a third party shares our online content. If you choose to participate in posting or sharing activities, you should remember that it may be viewed by the public via website, in RSS feeds, APIs (application program interfaces) and may also be made available to other websites. As a result, your public activities may appear on third-party websites, blogs, or feeds. We not responsible for the information that may be shared publicly. Our websites may include social media features, such as the Like / Share buttons. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie so that the Like button feature works properly. Any social media feature is governed by the privacy policies of the website providing the feature. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law, including for the purpose of:
- responding to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes;
- defending, protecting or enforcing our rights;
- assisting in the event of an emergency; and
- complying with applicable law.
We may also share personal information with third parties in the event of an actual or potential merger or acquisition, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. To the extent that local laws require it, we will provide you notice on our websites or via e-mail of our intent to transfer personal information to a third party for this purpose.
Personal Location Information.
We only share information about your location with:
- our third-party service providers to help provide our services or third-party services you have requested;
- third-parties for whom you have provided consent, including, for example, with partners who provide location-based marketing; or
- law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law, including for the purpose of:
o responding to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes;
o defending, protecting or enforcing our rights;
o to locate an overdue or suspected stolen or lost vehicle
o assisting in the event of an emergency; and
o complying with applicable law.
4. HOW INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
The security of personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps designed to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. You are responsible for keeping your account safe. Do not share your passcode, membership and pin numbers with anyone. Please be mindful that hackers and scammers may impersonate us or our website. For more information about phishing, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your information, you must notify our customer service as soon as possible! We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage if your account passcode, membership numbers and pin numbers are stolen or used inappropriately.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our websites, Apps, products, and services are not for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you think we have received personal information from children under the age of 16, please contact us immediately.
6. THIRD PARTY COLLECTION
7. CONTACT US
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, you can always contact us in the following ways. We may need to verify your identity before assisting with your request. Questions regarding privacy should be directed to:
Personal Data c/o SF Rents LLC., 924 N. Magnolia Av. Suite #202, Orlando, FL 32803
Have A Question (Or) Comments, Please Use The (*Contact Us) Form On The HELP? Page